Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 7 -- Making Plans

Day 7 ... tomorrow will make a full week of Medifast. I'm so thankful that it tastes better-than reasonable, and I can see myself continuing on until goal is reached! The Lean & Green options give a lot of variety, and I'm so thankful for those bloggers and forum users who have shared their tips and tricks with how to change things up a bit for variety.

This upcoming weekend will be a challenge as I'm going to a weekend educational with my quartet in California. We can get a fridge in the room for $10 extra a day, need to check on a microwave, as that will make a huge difference as to what I bring for the weekend to eat.

I only have 4 Crunch bars left, which are the most convenient thing -- and I have a number of hot things that I can fix, but they do better after soaking and then re-heating again... so at first thought, a nuker is pretty necessary... the most easy thing would be to have all cold food with a lean & green eating out... having ice accessible makes the shakes much easier to do, and one of my friends coming has a 'bullet generic' that she's going to bring along. That being said, I don't relish the idea of not having any hot food options (my oatmeal is one of my favorite things in the morning, and soup for lunch is wonderful!) I suppose I could re-heat those things in my hot pot --  I'll try that method this week and "ops test it" to see how that goes taste-wise.

Yesterday's eating went well. My hunger was pretty slight overall... nothing that put me into a frenzy! I was slightly hungry after the lean and green, had the cappuccino as a cold shake for dessert, which was much preferable over the hot sludge I'd made that morning a couple days ago...
I had the rest of my Mahi Mahi (YUM!) with spinach & romaine and 1/4 cup of chopped broccoli, as I put in a 1/4 cup of chopped (canned) tomatoes in the chili that I had for lunch -- which totally razzed it up and made it more filling! Woot!!

I peeked on the scale again this morning (it has been 7 days, after all...) and the number was VERY nice!!! And my Medifast Phone Call is scheduled for today at 1pm... I have questions:
Can I pack the measuring devices (serving size) with veggies (spinach, romaine, for example)
Marscapone cheese?
I'm going to run out of food before I go up and meet with them in person (poor planning on my part); any suggestions?

I had more, but can't think of them now... obviously I'll need to write them down.  I'll log my food for yesterday later (I did use a tracking sheet that I found which was helpful to remember what little things I'd done (1/4 cup tomatoes, 1 TB peanut butter, 2 optional condiments of sugar free syrups, etc... as well as how much water -- I know I drink plenty, but can't remember the actual numbers...).

No comments: