Last night I fixed the marinade for Mahi Mahi & Chicken Tenders (himself's faves) and Boneless Chicken Thighs (I get less dark meat than I would of white, but I so much prefer dark over white...!) When I get home this afternoon I'll grill the chicken, put it in dinner size portions, then freeze them for the time(s) when I just really can't think about it.
Tonight I'm supposed to go scrapbooking with a group that usually has a delicious meal prepared -- I want to go, and will have to see what inspires me this afternoon. At this point I'm thinking salad with the Mahi Mahi, a Shake all prepared, a bar & a diet soda probably would be good ammunition to go with!
So ~ Other things on my mind...
Living Reactively vs Proactively.
If I were to write my Obituary, what do I want to say?
Off The Grid Living (I've been fascinated with this stuff since like, my late 20's)
What to look to when the scale doesn't move:
- Ask Self ~ How are my clothes fitting?
- Tell Self ~ This is normal, just keep doing the right thing
- "Take Care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." ~ Jim Rohn
- "That which is bitter to endure may be sweet to remember." ~ Thomas Fuller
- "The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!" ~ Marvin Phillips (I LOVE this!! *grins!*)
- "The groundwork of all happiness is health." ~ Leigh Hunt (oooohhhhh.... this is excellent!)
- "When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn." ~ Harriet Beecher Stowe
The other stuff will take some more thinking about... living in reaction is a huge change of thought process on how I make decisions and choices. Good, Meaty Stuff to Think About!