Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 3 - "Get Your Bones Out"

Recently a good friend and I made a bet that my clavicle bones will probably never appear... she says sure they will, I say they won't.  Even in Jr. High school (yes, when I was going from 6th grade to 7th grade in the Bay Area of California, they called it Junior High School - which I prefer over calling 7th - 9th grade "Middle School" -- Middle School just sounds blah and boring...), when I was still growing and I wasn't overweight I was considered a 'big girl' -- I don't remember my collar bones ever being prominent in any way.


I've always had the "Roundy Shoulders" as an Italian tailor once told me, and the thought that I could be bony at some point in my future is beyond my imagination.
* * *

Yesterday --
Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal (MF)
This is the best! Seriously could eat this a lot!!

piece of sugarless gum (up to 3 pieces a day are an optional snack)

PB Crunch Bar again for mid-morning snack

MF Chili for lunch...
I soaked it in cold water in the fridge the night before like I did for the Veg Beef Stew... but it didn't seem to do any good -- I gave it a good stir, then heated it for 2 1/2 minutes... still very very crunchy.  Back of my mind I seemed to remember that one of the 'tips and tricks' I'd read was that it needed hot water soaking before it became edible -- so I started boiling water, nuked it again for 3 minutes and let it sit for a couple of hours. In the meantime, I had a pickle as an optional snack.  I'm allowed 2 pickle spears. I got busy on the computer and email, and after awhile went and checked the Chili -- I started heating it up around 1:30pm, and I think I ate it around 3:45pm.  I think more soaking would make it better -- but even still it was quite tasty... I'm a wuss when it comes to spicy, and this has got the appearance of spicy in the taste, but not an actual spice... that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it was perfect for me!
Will definitely be keeping this in my choices -- and no burping!!

Went to a friends to take the two boxes of food that I'm going to take to my mom next time I go to MF Clinic, getting them out of the house for two weeks so I'm not tempted, and took the Chocolate Mint Bar -- ate half on the way to her house, had an herbal tea while visiting with her, and then ate the other half on my way home.

I fixed the exact same Lean & Green meal that I had the night before when I got home - (1 cup of raw Spinach, 1 cup of Romaine lettuce, 1/2 cup chopped broccoli, 7 oz shrimp, 2 tblspns dressing, ground pepper & Mrs. Dash) but it was now around 7pm when I started preparing it, and I took some pictures because I wanted to share just how much shrimp I get to have! 7 oz of shellfish is allowed, with 2 tblspns of healthy fat, and I had purchased a 16 oz bag o' frozen shrimp; so I eyeballed the night before a little less than half the bag.  Turns out 7 oz is about 35-36 medium sized shrimp (tails off)



YUM!!

So I had the exact same dinner two nights in a row, which is fine right now -- will be thinking more about choices and options soon, I'm sure!

After watching some tv, I then had the Vanilla Pudding - which I'd read that if you put it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes it is similar to a soft ice cream -- pudding pop kind of consistency.  It was tasty, but I'll bet the chocolate is better. I am a vanilla fan, and you can always "add" to vanilla -- so maybe I'll try that later.

I'm feeling good -- woke up this morning on Day 3 with a slight headache, drank a glass of water, have had some green tea, and will be having the Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal again -- it rocked!  I'll maybe try making the blueberry muffins with the oatmeal this weekend... I'm soaking the Veg Beef Soup, and think I'll do eggs to finish out my salad tonight (same basics with 2 boiled eggs as my protein, and the sliver of turkey that is in the fridge).

I've been hungry -- but not overwhelmingly so -- and I'm keeping very busy, which helps a lot. I know hunger passes after about 15 minutes and while it comes around again, often it is just a matter of consciously saying to myself -- "not now" -- and "let's finish this" job/activity of whatever I'm doing.

No comments: