Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 10 - Hungry Day!!!

I woke up hungry, I went to bed hungry. I might have had a few bites of extra protein by way of the shrimp bag that is in the fridge (maximum 6 over the day).  I tried being creative and made the Soup Chips from the cream of Broccoli soup I ordered, eating with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese, and took an oz of protein off my dinner for the cheese. I had a pickle for snack, and had two pieces of sugarless gum... I don't think I had a glass of water going all the time, and I drank diet Orange Soda as a 'treat' while fixing dinner so I wouldn't nibble on the food being cooked (!)

My reward came this morning with a 1lb loss on the scale. (Hallelujah!)  Today's weighing shows a loss of 14 lbs.  I know this isn't going to be the way it will be after these first couple of weeks, but it sure helps right now!  I spent time last night downloading a lot of different guides from the MyMedifast forums regarding creative ways to cook the food, and saw cakes from the puddings and shakes.  At this point I want more fat than sugar, I think... and I have a huge sweet tooth!

I'm going to post the photos of the Soup Chips and the Zucchini Beef Skillet dinner from last night, which hubby had seconds of and LOVED! (I was really quite pleased because the veggies weren't mushy, they weren't crispy -- but in the past he hasn't preferred the bright green (or other color) stage, he likes them more cooked -- so again, I was thrilled this was a meal he'd eat again!!


The Soup Chips took about 6 minutes in my microwave... will try the oven next time!


Zucchini, about 1/4 can of diced tomatoes, and a small handful of chopped spinach... with cut up lean thin steak.  5 oz is quite a bit of beef! I took out an ounce for the laughing cheese wedge I had as a snack in the afternoon.  Will catch up the food log later today. Gotta hit the shower and head to work!

Feeling Good!

No comments: