Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 54 ~ Yesterday was difficult

I was nibbly and munchy almost all day yesterday -- I was out of the house in the afternoon, which helped, but when I got home it was a big struggle.  I kept thinking about Jack in the Box tacos (not for human consumption but I LOVE THEM!)

So, for my own health reference ~ Nutrition Info for Jack in the Box Tacos (2):
Calories: 386
Calories from fat: 203
Total Fat: 22
Saturated: 6
Trans: 1
Cholesterol: 27 mg
Potassium: 406 mg
Sodium: 617 mg
Carbs: 34 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 5 g
Protein: 12 g

Here is the Nutritional Guide for Jack's, which has the ingredient list for all menu items... Tacos have quite a bit of soy, and MSG - which I don't have an issue with, but I'm hearing about links to obesity & autism with it in our foods.  MSGTruth.org seems to be a site that has quite a bit of non-inflammatory information (if you know what I mean, the content and site design are not over the top).

Two hours later, I've read almost everything on the MSGTruthout site, and think it is well worth the time.

My new habit in May/June will be Square Foot Gardening... and when I'm done with MF, I'll be a juicer.

And I hadn't heard about Max Gerson and his cancer therapy through diet (nope, hadn't even heard about the coffee enemas...).  So on my viewing list: The Beautiful Truth and Dying To Have Known... just to see what that is all about. 
* * * * *

As someone who lives an "Ostrich" life (stick my head in the ground and ignore any danger and it goes away, right?), I believe that there is some truth to accusations made that the Mighty American Dollar (profits!) is the bottom line cause for so many issues ~ and that most of us don't really educate and inform ourselves on some of these topics (for whatever reasons) regarding what is being put into our food and water supply. At least, I have been so guilty.

Genetically Modified Foods... who knows what the ramifications of it will be down the line (of course, when the world ends in 2012 it won't matter... *sly wink*), and I think there is more information to be learned on it.

Food. Clothing. Shelter.
Everything else is just that - everything else.

I'm not a radical about anything, my view is balance (harmony ♪ ♫) is what we should be striving for... balanced profit, balanced living, balanced eating, balanced work and play... and based on our individual need.  Like all diets are not for everyone -- lifestyle and choices of where we put our energy are not the same for everyone -- but should balance out in the end -- over the scope of a timeline.

Right now, I'm not in balance with eating because I was so far out of balance for so many years: in overeating and eating when I wasn't hungry and eating to disguise emotions.  I now am having to cut way back and a part of me is really bothered by the amount of processed 'diet' food I'm consuming -- but I brought myself to this place; and if it takes however long to be on this 'lack' side of the eating pendulum... well, okay then! I accept it. I accept my responsibility in getting to this point, and now suffer the consequences of eating a 800-1,000 calories a day with no fruit.  But there is light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm so INCREDIBLY thankful that I'm in the process of losing the excess. When MF ends, I will be back in balance, and am doing things NOW to help keep that balance when I go back to 'normal' - whatever that is.

Being so focused on this for two months is really really. r e a l l y ! cool.

I'm incredibly blessed, and incredibly thankful.

No comments: