Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 52 ~ A Good Day

I didn't post yesterday because there was a lot going on ~ and in order to "get prepared" for my New Habit starting Tuesday, I got up at 5:30 am yesterday - went to bed way too late last night and got up at 6:30 am this morning.

I did some work for work (working on the newsletter takes more focus than most of the jobs in the office, and with so many interruptions and distractions I struggle getting it done on time) for about 3 hours this morning.  I cleaned the master bedroom bathroom - which was a good hour, and I took the pumice stone to the toilets. 

You know how it is when something has been bothering you for what seems like FOREVER... and you have the tools to get the job done ~ but for whatever reason ~ it seems bigger than it is, or there doesn't seem to be the "right" 15 minutes to make a start...? [Like I know what the "right" 15 minutes to clean the toilets means...?!?]

Anyhoo.... Phase I of the Master bedroom bathroom is complete ~ Fridays will be the day to keep up with it.  It isn't a "Master Bathroom" because it is barely 16 square feet big. with a shower for one, and it barely fits one.

  • Towels Laundered - check
  • Laundry Load 2 - check
  • Proteins marinating - check
  • dresser dusted - check
  • Recycling Out - check
  • Trash Bins emptied - check
  • Packages to Scotland packed (done for a couple weeks) - but started filling out the address labels - check (this is a process because I already taped up one and have to think back to what I put in it - and now they want to know how much each item weighs... jeez! 4 men's t-shirts = ?; women's socks (3 pr) = ? the total box weighs 7.4 lbs on my kitchen scale... and the box must weigh something... Anyway ~ you get the idea!

Today has been productive, but still so many things to do...!

Getting up early really is key -- especially if I'm able to get some stuff done!
* * * * *

Had a good quartet rehearsal last night - it went long! We started looking at the Star Spangled Banner as Spring Training is coming...! And we'll be learning "O Canada" since lots of teams that come to play are from the Great White North.

* * * * *

Saw my mom and step-dad Wednesday night and we went to dinner at Red Lobster -- I had the Full Plate of Mahi Mahi which was amazing! With a double order of Broccoli, which was probably too much when included with the Cesar salad I had -- and I indulged in the Cesar dressing.  The scale was up two lbs yesterday morning, but I'm 99.9% sure it was salt -- I don't think the fish was plain grilled... and the dressing was probably way high too.  Dang it was good ;-)

This morning the scale was down a pound from yesterday, so I'm not stressing about it.
* * * * *

I didn't go to chorus this week -- it has been super busy and there isn't any let up between now and contest in April, so I took a personal day. . . I'm doing chorus 'work' alright, but having that night in was a treat.  I do miss it when I don't go, however! ♪ ♫ ♪
* * * * *

My aunt gave me a pair of smaller trousers ~ someone else gave me a pair that doesn't fit her right, either -- and so I have at least two pairs of pants to wear in a couple weeks. Yay!
* * * * *

De-cluttering ~ ~ I've gone through a few piles and am putting together stuff to get rid of; wondering if we have enough for a Yard Sale - by April 1st... Or if I should just take it all to the Good Will.
* * * * *

I had some gratifying news about a former boss. I was in a bit of turmoil for 24 hours mulling it over in my mind.  There were things that happened which spun me out of the position, and me being who I am caused some distress, I know. The influence this person had on my life has definitely been positive - I wouldn't be where I am now (emotionally improving) without the kick-in-the-butt I received from this person. I'm extremely grateful for the experience, and pray everything works out in the life and situation of this person.
* * * * *
Nothing else new to report, really -- just keepin' on and looking forward to the new habit starting next week!

No comments: