Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 69 ~ Tired in a Good Way

Yesterday's chorus coaching was awesome as usual.  The trick of course is remembering and doing what we are capable of (as shown by yesterday's singing)... how to inspire everyone to choose excellence every time -- to do their best 'first time out of the gate' - when the pitch is blown, the focus is there, the thought of "Air & Space with support" is there... the passion behind the words of the song ~ passion toward whatever the common goal for the unit sound... whether the song intention is *Havin' a Party* or *A Longing Yearning for a Loved One.*

Leaders can foster the environment and provide the tools ~ but like the proverbial horse to water; leaders can't make them drink.  The act of drinking (choosing to be excellent) has to be the horse's (our members, at whatever excellence level they are).

Does anyone out there have any thoughts or ideas on how to encourage and inspire someone who is happy with the status quo to strive to be the best they can be ~ all the time?

All The Time -- qualification... According to the Four Agreements - our 'best' changes from moment to moment, and there are times when our best isn't the same as our best from yesterday or what will be our best tomorrow -- but it is the best in that moment.  
 Perhaps my vision is blurred, my perspective jaded -- but I think there are a few horses who may be afraid to drink; that the water isn't going to be a refreshing thing, or they aren't thirsty (!) ... and they are perfectly okay with that.

But enough of that -- it was an inspiring day, and my back is sore and my feet hurt -- but all in a good way!
Plus, I was down a pound this morning, so that is good :-)
* * *

I've been slacking on my Food Log -- tsk tsk! Slap Slap -- this needs to get back into a daily thing! As with the regular blogging!

My Newest Habit: Going to Bed Earlier in Order to Rise Earlier and Get Some Chores & Exercise Done for the Day has waned.  I'm fighting myself.  I've been fighting getting sick the last 4 days - really sneezy - don't feel sick, just sneezy and blowing my nose 'with results' - if you know what I mean (!) -- so 3 cloves or garlic yesterday, drinking 2 TB of Apple Cider Vinegar (supposedly it is a natural help for Hayfever -- cuz it is Spring and there is nature stuff flying around outside, and dust was kicked up in the house this week while installing of the NEW A/C was being installed), taking Vitamin C, Echinacea & drinking even more water than usual.  I haven't been going to bed between 9:30 and 10:00 - and 10pm to 5am is only 7 hours as it is ~ ~ and I like 9 hours... as does my body when fighting off germs... so -- *heavy sigh* I have to be stronger about going to sleep!

I know some of it has to do with not getting done in a day what I hoped to get done -- procrastination falls into this; as does unforeseen circumstances (like a Gallbladder Attack or four in two weeks and having to really cook for himself, rather than let him eat processed food and high fat/salt stuff!). And putting my health habits first was pretty easy for two months -- now I have to put himself's eating healthy habits that we need to forge first -- and therefore things I want to do need to take a back seat to the things I need to do -- which wakes up my inner brat, who stamps her foot and demands her way more often than not.

*I just had a heart breakthrough, I think*

When I just wrote about "need to do"  -- I was thinking specifically of things I've signed up to accomplish in chorus.  I feel resentful of anything I "NEED" to do -- the rebellious feelings (that are still somewhat of a mystery to me of where they come from) roar up when they hear "NEED TO DO."

Yes, this is regardless of the fact that at some point I WANTED to do this -- and I lose sight of the motivation or inspiration or whatever it was that made me volunteer for whatever task it is that needs to be done and I WANTED TO DO IT.

This isn't a new thought - to "Change My Mind" -- but this particular one made the leap this morning from head to heart, and perhaps a breakthrough is happening about wanting to do these tasks again....! And keeping that 'Want To' attitude closer to my heart than in the past.

And perhaps... p.e.r.h.a.p.s. ... I will say "no" a little more often (?!?) Ha. We'll see.

2 comments:

Cookie's are GREAT said...

Thinking about your post and the request for keeping inspired ideas. In film, I think immediately of all the Eric Liddle scenes in Chariots of Fire. In music, listening to a good radio station on Saturday morning while cleaning. In literature, the faithfulness of Samwise Gamgee. On stage, the steadfastness and strength of Jean Valjean. In television, the willing sacrifice of Jack Shephard and the faith of John Locke.

Tonya Nichols said...

On your thoughts to challenge the status quo, I know you know this quote, but I'll repeat it anyway. I first saw it in the film "Coach Carter" (which is based on a true story and worth a view if you have not seen it). The quote was actually from Marianne Williamson and I love focusing on it when I teach.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”