Monday, November 29, 2010

Despite "Failure"

Well... I didn't lose the weight by my birthday. I am disappointed in myself, yet, I am feeling good emotionally. There are other areas where I've accomplished some things that I've been meaning to do for a long time, and I am down 5 lbs.

I've walked more in the past three weeks than I have in a long time -- I didn't go to bed early enough last night to be able to get up with a good attitude this morning - but will tomorrow.

I put up the Christmas tree -- still have to put the lights and decorations up, but my mother raised me to not put the Christmas decorations up or out until the house is clean... so I dusted, and mopped a little, vacuumed and then Shampooed The Rug in the living room... I'm so proud :-).

I made terrific Turkey Soup with the leftover turkey from our friend's Thanksgiving. I planned two really productive Quartet Rehearsals, and am doing chorus work that I've been putting off for months.

I finished hubby's laundry, and have finished mine -- still have sheets to wash and the electric mattress cover to put on the bed; but will do that after I get to that half of the house.

I went up to see my mom overnight the night before Thanksgiving and we had a nice dinner and it was good to spend time with her for a short time on my birthday... and my step-dad gave me a generous monetary gift for my birthday... and I learned that he had offered to pay for Medifast if that is something I want to pursue... so; I've been a little pre-occupied with thinking about doing that.

A friend of mom's has done really well on it, and that it is supervised by a doctor; isn't a liquid diet and yet large amounts of weight are lost quite quickly... all of that amounts to me thinking about it very seriously. Hubby is on board; and the fact that it takes the planning and counting out of the equation... so it just leaves me with fighting the mental fight... not easy, but seems like a good idea. There are a number of weight loss blogs about Medifast -- and I think it will be a great way to lose the first 100 lbs, at least! I think the Black/White and no gray area aspect of it will help me a lot... kind of like when you wear a school uniform you never have to worry about what to wear to school, ya know?

No comments: