Monday, December 27, 2010

6 Changes in 2011

Inspired by this post here.

and the Method is Here.

It always frustrates me when I read blogs that don't tell you what the link is you're going to... so the first link is to an explanation of "The 6 Changes Method" at 6changes.com (by Leo Babauta of Zen Habits blog) and the second link is to the "how it works" simple explanation. There is a lot more on that website, and I think 2011 is a good time to create some better habits!

For Me, I like Leo's list for 2009 going into 2010...
  • Daily exercise.
  • Healthy eating.
  • Waking early.
  • De-cluttering and simplifying.
  • Reading.
  • Creating each day.
Today My list for changes this year will be:
  • [#1] Lose Weight (Medifast through the clinic and one-on-one counseling)
  •  Sing Every Day (practice, vocalize, learn a couple measures of new music)
  •  Daily Exercise (walking, using the bands I got, jumping rope, Tai Chi and using the elliptical once I'm down to 280 lbs are my thoughts at this time)
  • Organizing/De-cluttering a piece of my life every day
  • Waking up at the same time every day
  • Keeping My House Presentable (I like Flylady's concepts and ideals - especially the one that you can do anything for 15 minutes)

This list can totally change as I go through the year.  It totally helps thinking about only one at a time, focusing on one change for two months... my usual practice is too many things all at once and becoming completely overwhelmed and quitting everything.

My priorities may change after some more contemplation... the order of the list may certainly change. Losing weight won't stop after two months... but the habit of eating smaller amounts, being satisfied with small amounts every few hours... should be established... the habit of being healthier first by losing weight will not change, but I give myself permission to perhaps juggle priorities this year as I go through this process.

No comments: