Sunday, June 9, 2013

Procrastination....

I came across a website that is about Procrastination... I was looking for some quotes for a friend... and found some fabulous quotes -- two which have stuck out more than the others...

[1]

"I don’t wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work." ~Pearl S. Buck
[2]

"Much of the stress that people feel doesn't come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they started." ~ David Allen
 I believe these two things, working in my life in tandem would be life-changing.

  • Exercise & Fitness.
  • Eating Healthy (preparing healthy foods ahead of time as choices to always have on hand).
  • De-Cluttering.
 * * *

From the Procrastination website: "For some reason, we have an emotional reaction when we have to do something we don't want to do, don't enjoy doing, or are convinced we simply cannot do. Learning to acknowledge this reaction will not only make us aware that we may be procrastinating, but will also help us on our quest to stop procrastinating."

My emotions lead me around by the nose. I think there must be some really deep-seated resentments in my childhood regarding not feeling like I had choice, or not feeling that I was making my own decisions... because I certainly don't live or make decisions in a mature way. My inner brat rules the roost, and honestly, it is getting old. I even think she is getting tired of having her own way all the stinkin' time (!).
* * *

I have to stop checking Facebook every time I get on the computer. I'm addicted. For me it is a validation thing. And Facebook is fun, but honestly, I like Pinterest and what it offers much better. I love having Facebook connect me with people, but it isn't about that anymore.

This blog and my other blog (which is so sad and alone at the moment) need more focus and attention, the daily habit of writing and sharing things here I believe would be healthier.
* * *

I'm trying to find a similar thing to iGoogle, and yet I don't want to learn anything more about how to use a new thing. I think I'm 'to that age' where the version I have is fabulous, please don't upgrade me anymore to the 'newest and better' versions (iTunes, are you listening?!).

No comments: