Wednesday, January 2, 2013

No Clever Title Comes To Mind

I'm so very thankful I can see.
There's a guy where I work who is completely blind. He's been blind since birth... I forget now which Central American country he came from, but he was born with an eye problem, his family came to the states to fix it, and something went wrong and he is blind for life.
For some reason today, as I said hello as we passed in the hall, I just said a silent prayer that I can see.
* * *

>Watch This Space< Action or Accountability
I have not yet taken any action. Today was my late day at work - I stayed up WAY too late last night and didn't go to bed until after 1am... which put off my getting up schedule. I had my alarm set to go off at 7:30 (still giving me a number of hours to get some of my 'To Do's' - which I'd written down before going to sleep so I *could* sleep - started), but dog got me up at 6:30am to eat and pee, and I had a headache and felt icky.  Reset my alarm until 8:30 (still giving me an extra hour), but didn't get back to sleep until probably 7:30 or 7:45... so reset the alarm to go off at 9:30... got up at 9:50 to leave the house at 10:30.

Very Unproductive.

Tomorrow will be different (it is 10:09 as I'm finishing up this post. Goal is bed at 10:30!)

My To Do List Was:
  1. Check Flights to Hawaii (cost, departure cities, dates)
  2. Looking into getting my account back in order for Ebay to sell my rubber stamps (which includes Paypal information), putting more thought into how to get rid of them.
  3. 15 minutes of dishes
  4. Explore 2 or 3 pages of the "Unravelling The Year Ahead 2013" worksheets
  5. Print out/Go Through >Watch This Space< stuff

No, I knew I wouldn't get it ALL done, but I could make a start.
* * *

My Day 2 of 2013 Photo A Day ~ "Something New" is the prompt
So here are my new shoes that mom got me for Christmas.
I like them... they're quite 'slipper-ish' - which is what I wear the black ones I have now as... they're great for wearing inside doing housework, and can easily go outside to take out trash, recycling...etc...


* * *

De-clutter or Simplify
I bought a book. Not exactly the right direction to reduce my stuff.
"Running for Mortals"
and am pleased Barnes & Noble had it for $7.98 - in hardback. (as opposed to the $10+ on Amazon!)

I plan to follow Jeff Galloway's method of walk-run-walk... but when I flipped through the book it had some good photos of exercises, and the first few pages I read I liked. Happy that it has good reviews on Amazon.

Uh-oh... which book(s) do I now need to get rid of?
I have a "Dreamweaver for Dummies" that will never be opened... looks like a good choice.

Three books on Dreamweaver now in a box to donate.
Not sure if the 1-to-3 ratio can continue (one 'new' thing brought into the house means 3 'old' things need to leave...) but maybe it could be an ideal.

Yay Me!
* * *

I ate crap today. I weighed this morning and am 276.6
Last February I was my lowest at 237.6
I have my work cut out for me!

Back to Food Logging after Friday night (Pizza with friends).

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much for your comment!!!! It made my day. Yes, we will get there. One day at a time. Every choice matters. I will pray for you! So glad to be back in touch :)

Jennifer