Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Quote for My Medifast Peeps in Chandler

This was the quote I was trying to remember in my session today...

"You'll never regret exercising ~ but you'll feel worse if you skip it."

another good one...

"Self Control is a limited resource and erodes during the day..."

Which is why I need to get to bed now.
* * *

Yesterday was a really hard day.  Coming down from a fantastic weekend to real life... dishes dirty in the sink, laundry needing to be done, floors that need to be swept, vacuumed, mopped... a husband facing surgery on Monday and I'm clueless on how to handle his recovery. Changes coming down the pike and my inner brat totally having a tantrum about it.  Feeling bad, just generally "Not Enough" ~ the emotional crap that doesn't go away... it may diminish for awhile, but that little voice that is constantly telling me that it is all pointless, and to just let it go and be a couch potato, because it really won't matter, and regardless of what I want to do to change will go unnoticed by people closest to me -- that really, I'm not changing and that nothing I do will ever make a difference in sticking with changes... well, yesterday I just wasn't dealing with it well at all. 

I had a couple extra MF 'meals' -- two extra bars, a couple extra snacks, and at 11pm I was finishing about 2 TB of delicious Trader Joe's Almond Flax Butter.  A little Almond Flax Butter Fest, I'd say. And it was delicious.  I didn't eat Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, however. That is a Great Victory!! :D Yay ME!!

Two steps forward, three steps back it feels like, sometimes.

But no, I'm not giving up. That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger, and when I reach the other side, and I will reach the other side ~ I'll be able to look back and remember, and sympathize and empathize with others, and maybe have some words of wisdom that might help them keep on keepin' On.

No comments: