Saturday, September 3, 2022

Penny Starr, has it really been 4 years?

It’s been 4 years since you had to go away. I miss you every day. Every single day. I miss being able to call you up and vent about a real estate situation… you were a Realtor, so you understood so much more than others, without telling me what I needed to do – you would just listen, laugh when appropriate, be angry and outraged when necessary… you were the perfect one I could call.

Your laughter… so contagious! You were so very generous. With yourself. With your time. With hospitality. Offering to help out whenever possible, in whatever situations needed help. But you also were an excellent delegator.

“Carry.” The inside joke between you and me when a now-former chorus member sent me an email spelling my name as the verb. Like I was a pack-mule. And we laughed because I do carry a lot of crap with me in bags… then we laughed because maybe it *was* appropriate! LOL. I still think about that person who did it and your response and our giggling stupidly about it.

I want to share with you all my news… I miss calling you up and you’d say, “What do YOU know?” and then off we’d go… talking about whatever. I miss your “Idiot of the Day” stories from the apartments, or variety of rental units you and Tez owned and managed.

I’m starting a book! On singing!! You’d be so thrilled for/with me! You’d be so encouraging and excited and want to hear ALL about it. There’s not a lot of people currently in my life who want to hear all about it like you would want to. And singing! You’d have so much good feedback from editing (lol) to input, from stories of us singing together to encouragement of me pursuing this dreamed-for opportunity. You’d ask me how it was going every time we talked! You would help keep me accountable with just writing every day. You were a brilliant writer and editor. I wish you were here.

I haven’t written very much about you, it is still hard. You were one-of-a-kind and were loved by so many people all around the world.

There's no one else I would want to sing duets and harmony with ~ with our guitars and ukuleles, traveling in our separate travel trailers over the United States singing to whoever would listen. And possibly pay us.

I love you, Penny Starr.

No comments: