Saturday, August 20, 2022

Comfort Movies

Courtney Carver from "Be More With Less" is one of my favorite bloggers/lifestyle influencers. She posted this link in a recent weekend "Favorites" email/blog post and I wanted to put this list in a place where I could find it again, and then add my own few to the mix. There's only a few on her list that I haven't seen, and it has inspired me to watch them.

Here I'm going to list my own "Favorite Comfort Movies" list, inspired by Grace at The Stripe, the link above. There's a lot of movies I agree with, some I haven't seen (yet). I've got some catching up to do!

My Comfort List, in no particular order ~

Singin' in the Rain

About Time

Four Weddings & A Funeral

About A Boy

Love, Actually

Notting Hill

Pretty Woman

Runaway Bride

An Officer and a Gentleman

Steel Magnolias

On Golden Pond

Saving Grace

The Devil Wears Prada

Benny & Joon

Father of the Bride (original with Elizabeth Taylor, 1950 & Remake in 1991 with Steve Martin) *eager to see the newest remake which is culturally diverse. Lots of drama in all families!

Made of Honour

When Harry Met Sally

French Kiss

Sleepless in Seattle

You've Got Mail

The Lake House

The Blind Side 

While You Were Sleeping

Mr. Holland's Opus

The American President

Dave

Jerry Maguire

Bridget Jones' Diary (all of them)

Pride & Prejudice (1995 with Colin Firth and 2005 with Keira Knightley)

Sense & Sensibility (2005 with Emma Thompson)

Enchanted April

Under the Tuscan Sun

As Good As It Gets

Fried Green Tomatoes

Driving Miss Daisy

Grease

Mamma Mia

The Sound of Music

My Fair Lady

Oklahoma! (1955 Film with Shirley Jones & Gordon McCrae)

The Princess Bride 

Julie & Julia

A League of Their Own

The Replacements

Remember the Titans

Bull Durham

Sweet Home Alabama

Legally Blonde

Three to Tango

Harry Potter Movies (All)

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy 

Star Wars (the first 3 released)

Circle of Friends (despite the worst fake Irish accent ever by Chris O'Donnell, whom I adore)

Ghost

Sister Act

Heal (a documentary)

Good Will Hunting

The Shawshank Redemption


Honorable Mentions:

The Birdcage

Freedom Writers

The Ron Clark Story

The Adam Project

The Commitments

Silverado

Princess Diaries

The Starling

Definitely, Maybe

Music and Lyrics

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Pitch Perfect

Akeelah and the Bee

A Walk in the Clouds

Cocoon

Field of Dreams


What about you? What are movies that make you feel? Movies that give you hope? Movies that you can watch again and again?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a rainy day here, I'm going to check and see if I can find a few of these on netflix or Amazon. On Golden Pond needs a refresher.
Maybe Where the Red Fern Grows and The Outsiders too. The Blindside I could watch monthly

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean Blindside, I meant The Green Mile. I know close right!