Saturday, March 20, 2021

Unplugging from Facebook for awhile

Today is the first day of Spring... a time to spend outside in the garden, getting dirt under my nails and spending time learning how to garden in the desert. 

This article about the 'Digital Anti-Hate' Group is what was the final straw to remove myself from the stream of crap that is coming at us from all sides, constantly, all the time.

I have been meaning to blog and post more regularly - so for 70 days (starting tomorrow, the second day of Spring), I'll de-activate my Facebook account and attempt to return to regular writing.

There's a lot of great stuff about FB - I bought a book that is 10 years' worth of posts and pictures from my page - it's super cool. I love seeing the good posts and the inspirational posts from a number of hopeful and encouraging Facebook Groups/Organizations that I follow. I have my Real Estate business page and do a lot of sharing and social media management for a few organizations that I'm involved with... but the garbage is really seeping into my psyche, and as Phil 4:8 says (ESV) 

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there anything worthy of praise, think about these things."

So... so long, farewell, aufwiedersehn... ♫



No comments: