Thursday, July 31, 2014

Restart - Part II - The Sequel

Today is it.  I took pictures... downloaded the C25K app and am feeling ready.

When I was saving the photos to the file, I saw that last year, on July 29 I took pictures for a restart... to juice.  I've gained 18 pounds since last July... which, considering how many pounds I've gained back *in total* - I feel not so bad about.

I'm essentially 20 pounds away from the 338 that I started with at Medifast on January 4th, 2011.
I didn't weigh this morning - but a few days ago I weighed in at 319.  This last 9 pounds since the last time I weighed have stopped me from being able to sing a phrase without being out of breath. 

So I begin today.

So far:
hot water with 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon, stevia
a protein bar
water
Juice (2 glasses by 2:30pm): 1-1/4 green apple, 10 carrots, 1 long cucumber, the last few pieces of celery, the other half of the lemon, and a bunch of mixed super greens.  It makes about 2 mason jars full of juice.
I think I'll have himself's vegetable soup for dinner.




The Couch to 5K program is 8 weeks. I'll start that tomorrow (a Friday) and do it 3 days a week - Monday, Wednesday, Friday and start working out with the bands on other days.  I also want to put in the Tai Chi video and see how I do with that. Lofty Goals!

I like the 8 week thing.  I have a Sweet Adelines singing weekend coming up next weekend in cooler climates ~ which means higher altitudes... It would be great to juice the next 5 - 7 days and get these troublesome 9 lbs off!

No comments: