Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday's Quote

"We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~ Anais Nin

I keep forgetting that no one has control over my emotions except me.

I keep forgetting that what other people do in reaction to me is about them, not me.

I keep forgetting that really and truly, it isn't all about me.

I keep forgetting that when I stop judging and pointing fingers, and begin accepting people as they are, and overlooking their shortcomings and human frailties*... that in this process ... a sense of peace & contentment is born of forgiveness.

I keep forgetting to stop taking things personally.

I've eaten pretty good today... no real sugar... two more days to go to get the evil out of my system...

I haven't walked or done my arm exercises.

I keep forgetting that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.  However thirsty he might be... and however much you wished that the horse would trust you enough to take a step (not even a leap...) of faith, that the step lies within the horse.

:(

*and of course, this means that I hope to be accepted for who I am, with all my shortcomings and frailties too - as I have many.

No comments: