Sunday, January 19, 2014

More Action

Write more. More writing. Do More. More Doing. Less "Should-ing." More Action.

I kinda came to a "Duh!" realization this morning... that to write about cool stuff that matters (at least matters to me), I have to actually do stuff (not even cool stuff all the time) that matters (at least to me).

*takes a bow* yes, thank you very much, I am often slow in the internalization of realization department.

I came across a very cool website "Impossible HQ" by Joel Runyon. This post (about writing about stuff that matters) sort of turned on the light bulb a bit brighter.  I got started from Rowdy Kittens' post about Happy Links - 'How to de-Google' and am thinking that will be in my future. But not my near future.

The things I want to do are not impossible.  But I allow the details and little things (and granted, it isn't always the little things, sometime the distractions are big things) to stall my progress and block my view to experiences.  I do want more experiences and less things.

My near future (today) is Quartet rehearsal... where I actually wrote out a plan (but haven't sung myself yet), and then possibly singing with the college kids tonight. 

I was going to take down the Christmas tree yesterday, but didn't. I want to take pictures of the ornaments, so maybe I'll get up in the mornings with better light and take a few pictures every morning so I can put the tree away next weekend. Getting it down before the end of January would be neat.

Still having trouble focusing on what I want this year to look like. I did get rid of more non-essential crafting supplies, and am slowly (very, very slowly) getting closer to my goal of having all my craft supplies not related to scrapbooking fitting in one shelf.  And my books are getting closer to being in the other bookshelf.  There is movement.

I went scrapping Friday night and got 4 pages done... still some titles and journalling to do, but I do enjoy it. 

My clean spot is still clean, and I've cleared piles of papers and have new piles to go through, action and sort. So that is good.  I'm making way for more experiences.

No comments: